how the hell is 2007 10 years ago already? Oh well here's some things I've found that are new to me this year already.
Photographer - Can Dagarslani http://www.candagarslani.com/
These photos make my heart hurt they're so good. The colour palette, the content, the feel. Makes me so jealous in the most positive way. Nothing like finding a set of photos that makes you just want to go make something. When I'm old I hope to be this cool.
2. Mishima: A Life in 4 Chapters
A 1985 film executively produced by Francis Copella and George Lucas. Alongside is a soundtrack by Philip Glass who if you know me already, i'm a big fan of. To be honest with you i'm only half way through but i wanted to get this blog out and it's already hit those inspirational nerve endings in my brain. The film switches between the famous Japanese author, Yukio Mishima's, real life and episodes from his written work.
The script is overly poetic, the colours and the imaginary scenes are beautiful and the music is random and dreamy.
you can actually watch the whole thing on youtube too.
My tofu Scramble.
I always hear how tofu tastes crap, the texture is gross, blah blah. Tofu is so easy to cook well as it is badly. I'm sure those people have had bland tasting or badly cooked meat before.
This is just for one person, so double or triple or whatever if you have more people.
- block of tofu, no real need to firm it like I would usually do.
- smoked paprika - 1/2 tsp
- cayenne chilli - 1/2 tsp
- tumeric - 1/2 tsp
- nutritional yeast - 1 tsp
- Almond milk 4 tbsp
- sesame seeds
- whole cumin seeds
It's really easy to make.
- Put some coconut oil and cumin seeds in a non stick pot.
- cut your tofu into 1cm cubes, then squish the cubes between your fingers and thumbs till it's the texture of scrambled eggs and drop it into the pot.
- then drop the spices and yeast on top and stir until it's all covered.
- pour in the almond milk and simmer until the texture is moist but not dried out.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
I like to finish by toasting a bagel, spreading vegan pesto on it, slicing up some avocado then spooning the scramble on top. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and squirt some sriracha sauce on top. I Love Breakfast.
Zoe, always supporting my weirdness gave me this book The Photographer's Playbook. Basically 250 photographers set out challenges and i've decided to pick one a week to try out. Week 1 ...
It's a bit like being back at school but instead of wanting to get out I can't wait to start. You should try it too and tag me in the results.
2017 is go!